This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 8/13/2009 11:24 AM PDT
I know this was not your goal in posting here, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/13/2009 6:32 AM PDT
In my honest opinion I think the first thing you need to do is determine what you want to write. That in itself is going to guide you. If it's book length it will need characters...plots....conflict. If you are going to write an article then you can write from a straightforward first person pov. I would suggest keeping this as close to an article as possible. Only because I feel that you are going to lose the reader if you try to develop anything beyond the matter of fact heart wrenching experience you've had. I applaud your strength for attempting such material and reaching out for the benefit of others.

Posted: 8/13/2009 5:30 AM PDT
I think you mean prologue. But I agree with what you're saying. Just because an idea or inspiration doesn't strike you as novel material doesn't mean that you can't write it. If anything, the "smallest" topics, the ones few people know about, are the best material for writers to explore, because it's so hard to repeat other people and get stuck in cliche's.

Posted: 8/6/2009 8:42 PM PDT
Not saying that all things about writing should only be about " bad experience" but shoot some great writers have pulled some literature from pain. I love the thought of writing about everything that has anything to do with life. If we are breathing: my opinion, my point of view, then it deserves to be explored.... Enjoy your day or night.

Posted: 8/6/2009 5:50 PM PDT
Hey, this is a good idea and I would be interested in reading something like that. I would make an epilouge of how your life was before everything went downhill. Then, you can start off when things started to go... well... dramatic. You don't have to be exact. Maybe you could change around the names of some people if you want. Just an idea. Hope I helped. I'll look forward to reading this if you decide to write it! -paige

Posted: 8/5/2009 12:23 AM PDT
I want to write about some dramatic things that have happened to me the past few months, sort of a "help others" get through bad times type book/article size story but not sure how to start????? One of the things being that I just lost a baby to Trisomy 18 and I want to explore that topic since most are not aware of it....