This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 1/15/2010 8:17 AM PST
I teach screenwriting classes, and although this isn't a screenplay, some of the same dynamics apply. I've found that writing autobiographical material is one of the hardest things to do. Since you, the writer, are one of the main protagonists, it's hard to find some distance and perspective in telling your story. It's also hard, at times, separating what really happened from what the story is, and sometimes they are two different things. Even though this is a story about you and your sister, you still have to decide who the main character is and what story you are telling about them.Just relating incidents of what happened to you and your sister as you were growing up, may not be enough to create an engrossing story. Once you are certain whose story it is,and what story is being told, it becomes easier to decide on the form or structure that the story will take. I don't know if this helps or not. I hope it does. If you'd like to check out some of my other writing tips, go to
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 12/31/2009 6:05 PM PST
I am writing a story about me and my sister. Its true and it covers from when i was reall little to the present time. And im not sure how to write it. In a diray form, or keep it the way it is and just add some more details in the story. If anyone cares to take a look its called sisters forever. I really want this story to mean something, it is reallly important to me. Thanks. Annalisea.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply