This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > NaNoWriMo > So much harder than I thought
Posted: 11/16/2010 9:15 AM PST
I didn't make it at all. My schedule filled up and the writing had to go. I made it to fourteen thousand in... like eight days or something? I don't remember, and then something came up the next night and the next night and now I'm so far behind there's no way, especially since those things that kept coming up, yeah, way more of them now. Maybe I'll just set a IndiNoWriMo and do that. Who knows...
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 11/15/2010 3:39 PM PST
The month's half gone and I've only got a little over 20k done. There goes Thanksgiving dinner. Sleep will be the next thing to go. ET -

Posted: 11/10/2010 9:15 AM PST
My first year in nanowrimo and I'm enjoying it for what it is. I haven't finished a book in a while, so this is my opportunity to just blast something out. I don't have to love everything about it, just bring it around and through the finish line. Then I'll leave it for a few months and come back to it fresh. It's not important that it's polished, mine is so far from that I can't read it, I'm like "really? This needs some work!" But I keep moving. All you can do. Hopefully, if I finish (when, right?) I'll have a good amount of confidence to move on to other things. Plus, I tried to choose a story that's meant to move quickly and not need a lot of literary mumbo jumbo to make it fun. Oh, and thanks for reading it, Eddie. : )

Posted: 11/1/2010 3:24 PM PST
This is my fourth year doing Nano and I've managed to finish the last two years. It is tough, but I made it by saying I was just going to write and worry about cleaning it up on the re-write. Still, I had to repeatedly stop myself from re-reading and editing. Good luck. ET -

Posted: 11/1/2010 1:55 PM PST
Can't seem to get away from my inner editor. Wish she would shut the hell up! Only 961 words so far today. Hope I can reach 3000 by the end of the day.