This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Genre Café > Horror Forum > I Don't Like The Idea? WHAT!
A place for all your gory horror writing discussions.
Posted: 5/16/2014 11:13 PM PDT
Thank you for responding. A strong idea is essential, true

Have a nice day
Dale 
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/16/2014 11:11 PM PDT
Just having a minor rant. I love the feedback here, just a little confused as to the remarks concerning the issue above. I thank you for inputting on this situation, & of course, I am not affected by the comment

Posted: 5/15/2014 1:06 PM PDT
A strong idea is essential. It's o.k to not like an idea and I feel you should take that opinion for what it is, (from this site a reader most likely well-read and informed) one person's opinion.
We're not going to progress if we can't stomach criticism. That being said, we're not going to progress, either, if we let one comment or two or three or a hundre bog us down:)

Posted: 4/30/2014 3:51 PM PDT
Write books about a sixteen year old girl that falls in love with a vampire?
Texturemaker - Don't worry about ratings that make no sense. There will always be (everywhere) people who trash your writing for no reason. This is the internet. Take the constructive stuff and toss the junk. Don't even think about it.
And when you figure out how to do it, teach me...
But there're eleven books on that ticker on WEbook's main page, and two of them are horror. So don't judge the site by a single reviewer.

Posted: 4/30/2014 2:43 AM PDT
Are horror writers in the right place, here? True, horror does suit some, but not others.

I don't like the idea! Not very nice to be marked on your story first page just because the reader does not like the idea, where is the sense in that? That is no help to anyone.

The story might be fast-paced, quick read, interesting and grammatically correct-but still, some say, I don't like the idea.

Some stories set the scene at the first page and reveal the horror in its up-coming glory. The reader knows something dreadful is about to happen. But still-some readers just don't like the idea, and they mark it as such.

Why don't readers that do not want this kind of material, just skip the read and leave it at that without marking it, constructively?

As horror writers on Webook, what can we do?