This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > WEbook's Writing Workshop > Brainstorming and Plot Doctoring > Idea for an original Sci-Fi plot: Before Present.
Help Wanted!  No idea how to actualize your spy story?  Need a creative way kill off a character?  Searching for a conflict that will propel your fantasy novel.  This is the place for a friendly kick in the right direction, complete with "adoption" threads.
Posted: 7/28/2013 9:16 AM PDT

eclipse2012
More information: I would like it to revolve around a biological or nuclear event that happened off page. I do like the idea of a perceived area of no entry but in fact holds a mysterious enemy, which has yet to be determined. What do you think of this biological or nuclear event being some kind of global suicide pact. I also would like to know what people would think off a switch between 1st world countries and 3rd world countries, ie Africa would be 1st world in the pre-event world before the start of the story. I have determined that the title will be 'Before Present'.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 7/26/2013 3:50 PM PDT

eclipse2012
I am thinking of starting a science fiction/thriller plot surrounding a desolated earth, containing scattered remains of the human population. However, rather than feature an alien occupation, or some kind of force that prevents them forming a new civilization, whatever happened to Earth is unknown to the survivors. This changes once people discover several wall murals across the world that shares hints of what occurred before desolation. What I need some help for are any ideas of what images are painted on these wall murals and a potential title for the story. I want the sci-fi/thriller plot to be tied to a real world basis and science, so no zombies or mythical creatures. I'm planning this story to a feel of Planet of the Apes to it, so several iconic images necessary. Would the title 'Before Present' be good. It refers to the real world fact that nothing from the period of 1950 can be carbon dated due to nuclear weapon testing. Therefore, this may be incorporated into the story. Any help & ideas are welcomed.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply