This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

WEbook Forums > The Water Cooler > Newbies > projects: where do the urls come from?
New to WEbook? Get started here.
Posted: 8/20/2014 12:53 AM PDT

WEbook_One

Hi McCool

Welcome to WEbook! And thanks for asking these questions...

Don't worry about the WEbook URL, that's something our code does for you. So for example, if you called your project "McCool's Story" it will generate a URL like this: www.webook.com/project/McCools-Story where the apostrophe gets dropped and the space gets replaced with a dash. It also checks that no-one else has a project called that, so you stay unique.

If you want it to be found by readers, post it as a project (most WEbookers call the project by the book title and then upload each chapter separately). It'll feature on our front page for a while, and you can invite other members to join in, read write and comment as you wish. Find out more here: www.webook.com/Company/faq#start-project

If it's an Agent you're after, then you'll want Agent InBox. There are FAQs here www.webook.com/literary-agents/landing/AgentInbox-FAQ

Hope that helps!
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 8/17/2014 12:22 PM PDT
I've just joined and I'm feeling my way around the site. I've noticed a section where you upload your work. I assume this is so other people can click on a link and find the MS or chapter or part-finished book. But, it asks for brief description and synopsis then it asks for the we book url. Where does this come from? How and where can you upload a completed book, say, so that it can be found by readers, agents etc etc. I  haven't figured this out yet and there is no FAQ that I can find that does.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply