This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

Questions or comments about PageToFame? Let us know!
Posted: 9/29/2013 2:24 PM PDT
After reading this thread, I started rating the 5 page subs today (I'd previously been concentrating on first pages as that is where my own, most recent 'attempt' at PTF is).  Have to say - so much more satisfying to rate!  I even came across one that had me laughing like a loon and desperately wishing I had the rest of the book in my hands.  I did try finding it on the main pages, but unfortunately it wasn't there. I'll just have to hope that  'Why my lovelife sucks: The legend of Gilbert the Fixer' gets through to the next round and then at least I'll find out who the author is!

Of course, because I was busy reading the extended sub, I only got five '5 pagers' rated.  But I WILL be back tomorrow!  Best of luck everyone!  :)
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 9/23/2013 6:31 PM PDT
If it makes you feel any better, my submission has been up for a month and it's only had six ratings so far. 

It's just my own personal suspicions, but I think P2F has many more submissions than it once did... because it's now free. Back in the day you had to pay a few bucks. People are more apt to enter multiple submissions now, therefore, those on this site who take the time to rate have a lot more to choose from, and the rating process has slowed. 

Just my observation. Maybe others aren't experiencing the sluggish ratings. It has made me step up my game and diligently rate. Karma and all that, you know. Hoping it pays off!

Posted: 6/5/2013 10:56 PM PDT
I just joined up and I've been rating like crazy ever since. I've managed to find a few gems among all the junk. Haven't submitted anything myself yet. I'm still trying to get a feel for the site. I do hope it comes back to life, it seems like it could be a fun community here.

Posted: 5/15/2013 5:23 PM PDT
Wonderful, Smama!

Posted: 5/15/2013 5:15 PM PDT
I'm totally in and participating. along with encouraging people I know to join the site. we definitely need more people on here reading and rating.

Posted: 5/7/2013 5:54 PM PDT
Two ratings in a week didn't use to be normal, but it is now. I didn't rate over the weekend because I was at a conference, but I've made up for it in the last two days. Thanks for jumping in!

Posted: 5/7/2013 5:44 PM PDT
I'm new to the site, but I'm down. I've had my first story up a week, and it's been rated twice. I am assuming that is not normal, and page to fame could seriously use more people jumping in on a five page challenge. lol

Posted: 5/3/2013 4:06 PM PDT
As a general rule it takes me about five minutes to rate a single page submission. That's to read the summary, the page, rate it, and fill the "something else" box. So five pages would mean about a half an hour of my life every day and, since I'm already wasting 2 hours a day writing, and 2 hours a day watching television and drinking whiskey, and 8 hours a day working... ...I guess I might as well waste a full one reviewing Page to Fame subs. I'm in for ten.

Posted: 5/3/2013 10:06 AM PDT
There's not much rating going on in P2F, and I remember another time when ratings had gone sluggish so someone (I think it was KReeves) put out a challenge to everyone to rate five pages a day. That primed the pump and actually worked for awhile, so I challenge everyone to do it again so we can get P2F moving. It benefits everyone and this site. The more rating that goes on, the more you will get ratings on your submission, plus when you review a piece, it strengthens you as a writer because it forces you to think about what makes a good first page or good first five pages. So get out there and review some of those awesome pages that are waiting for you.