This will flag comments for moderators to take action.

A discussion to stoke your writing fire.
Posted: 5/19/2010 6:20 AM PDT
Yeh that's what i'm worried about. I don't want it to be cliche, I want the reader to feel like they're real and if I do introduce Seth and Quinn falling for each other, I want it to be unexpected and a nice surprise but I'm thinking of adding another twist, the twist can be on Seth & Quinn's relationship or something else in the story. So any ideas, please feel free to give me some ideas :) R.
Sign-Up or Login to Reply

Posted: 5/18/2010 1:56 PM PDT
I think that having Seth+Quinn together would be a bit interesting--mainly because it's a spin. There are sooo many action novels that end up being cliche with the whole "he goes to jail" or, in older novels, "he regrets his sins and they ride off into the sunset". The brother would be different, though ;3

Posted: 5/18/2010 12:23 PM PDT
Thank you, i love the name Wren but unfortunately I've found a name for all my characters. I'm naming the young woman 'Quinn Rogers', the serial killer 'Jack Ceruti' and his brother is 'Seth Ceruti' The brother is not gonna be autistic anymore, just an ordinary guy like his brother Jack and tries to protect Quinn when he finds out the serial killer is his own brother and Quinn is the next victim. Thinking of having Seth & Quinn fall in love throughout the story, good idea?? But I will keep Wren in my notebook to use in another story cause i love that name so thank you :) R.

Posted: 5/18/2010 10:01 AM PDT
For the woman: Wren, Zephyr, Nasha, Nikita, Kioko, Aure, Katoka, Kisha I know, those names are pretty weird, but I like them, oddly enough. I hope I helped somehow, sorry if I didn't.

Posted: 5/18/2010 2:05 AM PDT
Thank you. I like Damiano for the killer so might try that out. Just need a fake name for him preferably english. As for the Autistic brother, i like Parker for his fake name and Jorge as his real name so will try that also. Thank you, really helpful :) Any other suggestions from anyone else, please do let me know, haven't decided on names still. R.

Posted: 5/17/2010 10:15 AM PDT
Woman: Robin, Rachael, Claire/Claere/Clarise, Amelia, Anastasia, Corinne (I don't know enough about your character to pinpoint one or two. Sorry 'bout that ^^") Killer: Enzo, Archangelo (means archangel in Italian. Some irony is okay, right?), Damiano (Italian "Damien". Opposite of irony this time xP), Autistic: Parker, John, Norman, Walter, Jorge/George, Hermin Hope that helped ^-^ If you want some more ideas, just ask, mmkay?

Posted: 5/15/2010 11:31 AM PDT
SORRY GUYS, FORGOT TO MENTION - I want the woman's name to be unique and unusual. Both the Serial killer and his autistic brother have two names, their fake names to hide who they are and their real birth names. They're of Italian heritage as well. So half English, half Italian. Serial killer needs a name that says good looking man with an air of mystery. Autistic brother - a name that says geeky innocent boy. (Before anyone gets the wrong message, i'm not saying Autistic people are geeky and dumb, they're lovely people. My character just happens to be a geeky innocent boy with an evil brother). Thanks. R.

Posted: 5/15/2010 11:25 AM PDT
Hi guys I need a name for 3 characters. It'll be great if you can help me out as I'm having a bit of trouble even though I'm usually good at picking names for my characters. I've written a description of them to help you out. CHARACTER ONE: Young, brunette woman. Loves her work and leads a quiet life with few friends. She gets kidnapped obviously lol and finds herself stuck in a unimaginable nightmare and tries to escape. (I might introduce a sister, not sure & if she does, she'll probably share an apartment with her cause they're very close) Age: 23 CHARACTER TWO: Serial Killer - Kills young brunette women for the thrill of control and revenge. Was raised in an unloving family where his Mum was abusive to him and his brother till someone stopped it and him and his brother live in foster homes the rest of their life. (Dislikes brunette women because of his Mum) Brother is autistic. Age: 25 CHARACTER THREE: Serial Killer's Brother - Is Autistic and is forced by his brother to help kidnap women and hide their bodies. Doesn't realise it's wrong cause his brother says he's trying to help these women till one day he finds what his brother's doing is actually really bad. So he begins to not like it but doesn't know how to tell his brother No. Is a kind boy at heart and just wants to live a simple life in a nice small house where he can go to the park everyday and feed the ducks. Age: 21