- I have 2 pets - a cat and a tarantula. One bites, the other doesn't. Guess which one doesn't.
- I have a tattoo of a Boeing 747 on my back. Yes, it was probably stupid and yes, I'm damn proud of it.
- I dye my hair fire engine red. Don't ask me what my natural colour is because I forgot 10 years ago.
- I collect postcards. I have no passport at the moment so it's my way of travelling the world.
- I only use headphones when working at my computer and apparently I have a headphone fetish because I now have 10's of different pairs for various different occasions. I'm trying to get into the 100's but I think they'll be "words" before then!
- In the bad old days of university, I used to run a pub.
- I can do Indiana Jones style tricks with a bullwhip
- I'm a kick ass events manager by day and a blindingly good author and documentary film-maker by night.
- My first feature length documentary is in the works.
Having worked as a researcher for several short films and documentaries I've amassed a stupid amount of links for various subjects. If there's something odd, strange or downright weird that you're looking for, chances are I might have something in my never ending list of links! Please feel free to get in touch and I'll try and point you in the right direction.
If you're into fan-fiction, especially real person band fiction (yes, yes, I know, I'm going to the special hell) then feel free to hook up with the Hanger 18 project. It's dedicated to bringing fan fiction and fan art back to the print community in the form of fan zines. You can find us here on WEbook @
Or, if you're on Live Journal and fancy having a chat and sharing things other than fan fiction, you can find us at:
I do try and abide by the good old "feedback karma". If you leave me a review and want to recommend one of your pieces for me to review in return, please feel free to. Please don't stress if it takes me a few days to do it - I've discovered I'm married to my job!
Also, if you ask me to review one of your pieces, I would appreciate the favour being returned. I realise that I write a lot of stories containing very adult content which many may not want to read, but if you go through my projects list you'll find a number of articles and "flash fiction" stories which are free of such content. I hate to do this, because I'm generally a nice person and will try and accommodate everyone, but please take a look at what I read and write (You can find it in that funky "My Favourites" box down there). It's generally a good indicator of what I will read and review. I hate to be picky but, as I've mentioned somewhere up there, I do have a job which eats up a lot of my time and my own writing comes first. Thank you!
My first novel, Mars On The Rise, will be published by Torquere Press - www.torquerebooks.com - in January 2012. You can find the series on Facebook at:
I was in a very famous film and in a not so famous documentary about the Discworld series.
The original singer of Iron Maiden used to drink in my pub.
In secondary school, I nearly blew up the science lab. Twice.
My Favorites: Reading and Writing
Fiction: Crime, Gay/Lesbian, Historical Fiction, Horror, Humor/Satire, Literary, Mystery, Political, Religious/Inspirational, Sci Fi/Fantasy
Non-Fiction: Art, Architechture & Photography, Body, Mind & Spirit, Computing & Internet, Gay/Lesbian, History, Humor, Memoir/Narrative Non-fiction, Politics & Current Affairs, Reference, Religion, Self-Help, Sex & Relationships, Travel, True Crime
The Discworld Series.
The Sandman Collection
My 747 flight manual.
Fargo Rock City.
War of the Worlds
Tipping the Velvet
The Immorality Engine - George Mann
Under a tree while a soft, summer rain patters on the leaves.
Failing that, curled up on the comfy sofa in the sun room.
Unless you have a fetish for technical articles, then nothing really of interest!
Fiction: Gay/Lesbian, Horror, Literary, Mystery, Religious/Inspirational, Sci Fi/Fantasy, Short Story
Non-Fiction: Gay/Lesbian, Religion, Sex & Relationships